Monday, August 19, 2013

Darn 80's!

Darn 80's wants to keep me here.

Couldn't.get.the.scale.to.move the last two weeks.

Then I fell off the wagon yesterday and had a dinner made up out of junk food and I baked the most delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars and had my fair share of it.  Oh and attended two kiddies parties this weekend too and had treats there as well.



I can't believe that 3 months ago I still had Cheat Days, nevermind a cheat meal and I still managed to lose, now since I started eating Paleo if I cheat, I pick up instantaneous.  And a lot real quickly.  I enjoy the Paleo lifestyle, I enjoy the food, but I still crave some non-Paleo foods every now and again. I still want to eat chocolate some times, I still want to have a slice of pizza every few weeks, I can't be good 100% of the time now can I?  I know for 30 days I can, but a lifetime... I'm not so sure.

Urgh yes, but before I lose the plot of this blog post - the crux of this story is I have not yet broken the 80's, in fact I might have nudged myself a bit further from it. Luckily I wasn't thrown too far from the wagon, so I managed to climb back on, so working on it some more.

Hopefully I will be able to report some good news soon!




6 comments:

  1. August isn't done yet, it can still be a great month for us!!
    Stay strong, things are gonna come right soon, I really feel it in my bones!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pendulum swing seems to be something that has to happen on this weight loss journey. For a few weeks we are losing nicely and all is fine and then it swings the other way and there is no movement on the scale and all seems to be for nothing and then just as suddenly it swings back again. I do believe though that even though the scale isn't going down that it doesn't mean that there aren't positive changes going on in our bodies. If you stick to what you are doing it will swing back for you, I can just about guarantee it!

    As for the cheats, I really don't feel like that is the end of the world, this is our lives we are talking about here, and if a cheat once in a while makes the healthy eating more sustainable than I feel that it is necessary!

    Now be gone 80s, be gone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urgh I hate that darn pendulum, because it's working against me, but I'll give it a run for it's money! Can't wait to get out of the 80's!

      Delete
  3. Debs, you will break the 80's eventually. I too get moments where I fall of the wagon. I too get days where I eat more carbs than I should (you know the journey I am on, so more carbs is a no-no for me.) So don't feel alone or bad. I get days like yours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marleen... it's a tough, tough journey! I admire you strength!

      Delete