Friday, August 28, 2015

Winter Challenge Complete!

Woweeee August was a tough month with a lot of sickness, sadness and bad luck, but through it all I completed my 12-week Kayla Itsines' Bikini Body Guide workouts. It got freaking TOUGH! And then again, so did I :) I feel quite an achievement completing it, wanted to give up so many times, but somehow kept going, I still don't know how!  I kept eating the IIFYM way, although found some weekends in August tough and fell off the wagon sometimes, but Monday to Friday I kept at it 100%.

Herewith my results - most importantly what I physically experience:


  • I feel so fit, I definitely improved my fitness level immensely.
  • I see a lot less cellulite on my thighs.
  • I can see and feel my tummy and bum sculpting and getting a lot slimmer. My bum lifting and my tummy getting flatter, pouch getting smaller.
  • My calves are also taking shape.
  • Boobs are getting smaller  - yay yay yay!
  • Double chin diminishing and face looks thinner to me.
  • Even though I get the bare minimum sleep and is a walking zombie I somehow supercharge my workouts and get through them and afterwards feel more energized and that gets me through the day... well until 8pm when I fall asleep involuntary on the couch or my husband's lap during cuddle time.
  • See muscle definition forming in my arms, very slightly. Unfortunately I still have a lot of fat around triceps, so it still looks yuck.
Then my measurements.  I have lost a total of 36 cm.  12 From my tummy, 6 around hips, 5 around thighs, 5 around bust etc.

Less importantly the scale. It did not move in August, and I see a small gain for the month after I lost a little bit during June and July.  Yes, we've talked about how the scale does not indicate fat loss or increase of lean muscle mass, and although I would love to get out of the trucking 80's (which bothers me a freaking lot), I made peace with it, because my 3 month progress pics are incredible!  I am proud of my Winter progress, I did not rest on my laurels and it paid off.  Without further a do:




Remember = 3 Months from now you will thank yourself?  So thank you, dearest Debs. With love from your body <3 We made great progress and are much healthier and that's a humongous win!

Does it end here?  No, it certainly does not! From Monday a brand new, super-charged 30 day challenge!  Will blog about it more next week!

6 comments:

  1. These progress pics speak for themselves. No matter what the scale says, you have worked frigging hard and it's busy paying off! That's such a fabulous difference, and definitely a successful winter challenge, well done!!
    Whoop whoop, here's to the next 30 days and sculpting that bum and tummy even more - looking good girl, looking good!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jess, so glad that there is a significant difference!
      Now to work towards Summer, yeah!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow!! Amazing progress! You have inspired me to start trying again as well. You should be SO proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome progress!!!! Love it! And well done for sticking with it and accomplishing what you did. You've inspired me. This is hard work and you proved that hard work pays off. Congrats and look forward to following the rest of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a difference...be super proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete