Monday, January 30, 2017

2017

We are already a month into the new year and things have been so hectic my side this is the first chance I have to update.

So I've been on holiday between 16 December and 8 January and I must say I gave it a valiant effort to keep the health and fitness going. Granted I picked up a tiny bit of weight, but not 3 to 5 kilogram as usual, or the freaking 8 kg one year!  I had my first official weigh in for the year on 13 January and I showed a gain of 1.3 kg from the last weigh in I had on 16 December.

Then to be honest, I struggled to find my groove. I exercised, but had no va va voom or motivation - I didn't push myself.  I stuck to my plan most of the days, but had a few off days and the scale didn't play along.  I had too many emotional issues that kept my mind busy.  I found my groove again last Monday, I just had to take control and get out of the hole I dug for myself, so I started the Kayla Itsines program again and I am on Week 2 of the 12-week programme this week.  Ouch, can you imagine how sore my muscles is? But it feels good!

So now I'm working hard towards my next mini goal of 75 kg.  I'm hoping to reach it by the end of March...

Throughout everything though I kept faithful to my log and herewith my stats for December/January:

December:
17 out of 31 Perfect diet days
13 Workouts
Totaling 587 minutes
Ran 53.6 km

January:
22 out of 31 Perfect diet days
18 Workouts
Totalling 706 minutes
Ran 52.17 km

February will be better, February will be great!  I'm taking control and I will succeed in making it a FABULOUS month!


Today I weighed in on 79 kg on the dot.  I will put up my 2017 weight-loss ticker soon!

My goal for the year:  To break the 70's and get into weighting 60-something.  I know I can make it happen.  I also want to get stronger, get more lean muscle and run longer distances and get faster. 

Can I do it?  Yes, I can!  Am I going to do it?  Yes, I will!  Whoop, whoop 2017!


This is my mantra for this year. I will believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment