Friday, June 2, 2017

Feb to May... time for an update

Last time I blogged I weighed in on 79 kg.  I haven't written about my journey in quite some while, but happy to report that I have made some great progress.

Let me do a catch up on the missing month's since I blogged.  I still keep my accountability spreadsheet, so I always have all the stats at hand, it really helps me so much.

FEBRUARY wasn't as great as I anticipated, we had a lot of issues - hubby almost retrenched, autistic son not settling well at school, difficulties at my work. So it was a mediocre month in the Health & Fitness department, but at least I didn't gain any weight.




MARCH - I was sort of able to pick myself up and made a little progress.




APRIL was dismal.  I was sick for most of the month, struggling with breathing and chest pains, asthma acting up. Barely exercised and gained almost half a kilogram. Again it could have been worse, so I hanged in there... somehow.




MAY was my month to get back in the game.  I started tracking my steps, tried my utmost best to be more active, more on my feet. My goal to reach my steps and put in maximum exercise time, this time concentrating on cardio because as much as I love weights and strength, I just lose weight faster when running and doing other cardio activities.  I smashed the month! I think my best total exercise time since I started tracking this way, and an average of more than10k steps every day for the month.  Lost 1.6kg - which is GOOD for my body that lose weight so slowly.




It goes to show, the more active I am, the more successful I am. So May was a good practice month for the next 3 winter months.  I took some progress photos yesterday and I'm on a major mission to make myself a summer body I can be proud of this winter.

Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment