Monday, September 5, 2016

Non-scale Victories x3

I have to make a blog post about this.  I have to celebrate every minuscule victory and since yesterday afternoon I had 3!  After Accountability August I was a bit down in the dumps, I feel I did not make enough progress and I didn't break the 80's thanks to a weightloss plateau.  This morning I feel motivated again and this is why:

(1)
This morning I was out for my run, my freaking glutes sore as can be as I did strength training - leg day on Friday.  A car stopped next to me and a very kind lady said:

"I just want to say you are looking so well. I've been watching you since day 1, you are doing great"

It made me want to cry, and I actually did shed a few tears after I thanked her and told her it means a whole lot to me.  I have been running around our neighbourhood for about 9 months now and I never realised people are watching me. Well except for two old out walking from time to time and a few domestic ladies on their way to work, I always greet when I pass someone on foot.

It really did mean a lot to me, even though I don't see my own progress sometimes, because I'm too damn hard on myself, doesn't mean that progress isn't visible. I hope that lady knows how much her kind comment meant to me.

(2)
We popped into the mall yesterday and I saw two tops that I wanted to buy.  I went to fit and the large was too big.  I ended up buying 2x medium tops!  I can't believe it fit me! Coming from a size XL to XXL, it made me want to jump around with joy.  Medium!  Look!


























(3)
I got an email this morning from Runkeeper, the app I use to say that I broke my record for the fastest average pace in a month.  Yay, so running is making progress and I'm getting faster!

Thank goodness for non-scale victories. It helps so much to make this journey bearable.

5 comments:

  1. And you look fantastic, keep it up because all the hard work is definitely adding up - more than you even realise. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and popping in, Rox! xx

      Delete
  2. Whoop whoop, non-scale victories for the win!!! That is soooooo cool about the lady stopping and complimenting you, WOW!
    And medium size clothes, HIGH FIVE!!!!
    You frigging rock, girl!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like someone noticing and commenting - its so motivating and it takes nothing to say something nice to someone.
    The new outfit looks great on you....you know i like.

    ReplyDelete