Monday, November 14, 2016

10 km Success!

I got really nervous a few days before the race, not knowing how I will feel during the race, if I'll be able to complete it.  I was determined though and decided I will give it my best go, walk if I have to.

Thankfully my friend decided to do this with me, so it helped immensely to have her by my side.  We had some chats at time while jogging, even burst out laughing and giggled so much when I mentioned that next year we'll do a half marathon!

The 8th kilometer started feeling long, but the 9th and 10th was really hard. It was literally just putting one foot in front of the other. After 1 hour and 24 minutes I finished it, without any walking!  Yes!  I came 532nd out of a field of 548 runners, so was at the tail end, but I thought I did great for my first 10km!  Running at a pace of 8:24 per kilometer.  I will still work on my speed, now that I have endurance covered.

Can't wait for my next one! (Crazy!!!!)

Before the race - fresh as daisies

After the race - very happy, but oh so sore!

No comments:

Post a Comment