Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A bit of an update post

I have been quiet for a bit due to so much hecticness in my life.  Was so busy at work with month-end, and so busy at home as well... plus an unfortunate incident.

I was getting on really well with my running-programme, and last Wednesday I decided okay it's time to move on from 4 minutes walk/1 minute run to 3 minutes walk for every minute's run.  It went well, and after 20 minutes I saw dogs coming out of their yard about a 100m away from me, so I crossed the street to the other side (I was in my minute running time), and kept on running whilst avoiding the dogs, not thinking that I was in any danger.  But they ran towards me, growling aggressively.  The bigger one bit me on my ankle and it immediately started bleeding terribly. The lady from that house just stood outside looking, even though I was screaming to her to get the dogs off me. It was quite traumatic...  I immediately phoned hubby and luckily he was on his way home and he came to fetch me to take me to the doctor's rooms.  They cleaned my wounds and I was put on an antibiotics course and I had to get a tetanus shot.


Luckily I'm on the mend now - the biggest wound (the one in the pic) still needs to close up properly - the doctor said he didn't want to put in stitches because he wants all the bad stuff to swear/bleed out.  That's going to leave a mark for sure!

Started training again yesterday - but just kettlebell. Think I might hit the road again tomorrow or Thursday if I feel up for it.  Granted I'm a bit nervous to go walking/running again.  

Other news is that I started my third Reboot yesterday.  I want to start off Spring on a high note!  With all the birthdays, and then a bit of emotional eating after the incident my weight sky-rocketed...  I feel like I've been stuck too long now, I need the scale to move downwards again.  Hubby is joining me again on this Reboot and he bought himself a kettlebell to start training with me - yay!

Want to make this Reboot a bit more strict and not indulge in too many Paleo treats... if I need something sweet I would rather want to eat strawberries or some kind of fruit.  I will reserve bliss balls, Paleo choc mousse and banana ice-cream for the odd occasion.  

I swear, September is going to be what I wanted August to be and did not achieve - I'm gonna fight for it! Yes!



8 comments:

  1. Love your positive attitude.
    Still so sorry about the freaking dog attack tho, that's the most awful thing ever. :-(
    Good luck with your 3rd Reboot, woohoo! You're gonnna ROCK it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two routes I ran when I do decide to run outside which I chose carefully to avoid dogs because here where I live, everyone have big dogs. It sucks that one need to be afraid of people's pets. That's why there are fences and gates. Sigh.
    Well done with starting exercising again today and good luck with the running again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem with our neighbourhood is that it's a new development, with only one road as entrance/exit to the highway, and trying to avoid open areas and bush as well. What pisses me off I tried to be so vigilant for skelms, but never thought about dogs, ai!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe that woman with her dog, I hope you took that further! Wow it looks really eina!!! I am so sorry that this unnecessary incident happened and upset your brand new running program.

    I am sure you are rocking your third reboot! Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rox, did take it further - laid a complaint at Dog Control and made a case at the police station. Thanks Rox, Reboot going well so far :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hey Karin! So far so good... is so lekker, want die slag het ek nie enige detox simptome nie. Probeer net sterk bly en wegbly van te veel dadels en neute.... dankie tog vir biltong :-)

      Delete