Monday, September 9, 2013

Reboot v.3 - Week 1 over and done with.

Yesssssss, I have survived the first week and the first weekend especially of my third Reboot.  Good job, Me, and Good job, hubby!  Look, I won't tell you that I have not looked with longing eyes at my toddler's Milk Bottle gummy-sweets, and that the braai on Saturday was easy without a glass of wine or two... but it's over and done with and I am surviving.  It's not that difficult after all, it's just a mindset, and you just have to keep it interesting and have to think it over and prepare in advance.

For Saturday's braai with friends I prepared beautiful snacks with sliced biltong, nuts, sweet potato chips and avo dip to have instead of the usual chips. Drinks was a bit tougher, because it sucks drinking only water so I squeezed out some orange juice, and we had bubbly water.  I made a lovely green salad with our meats, and wonderful, blissful Bliss Balls for dessert.  My friend told me "yuck" when I told her it was sugar-free, dairy-free, grain-free, vegan etc, but she actually loved it when she tasted it.

I'm also trying new recipes.  This recipe is absolutely divine - Paleo Fish Cakes with Tomato Sauce.  So succulent and the tomato sauce is to die for - best Paleo tomato sauce recipe I found thus far!    Today I have Paleo Pulled Pork in the Slowcooker and it's smelling absolutely delicious - can't wait for dinner!

So yes, week one was quite all right!  Over the toughest part already and I'm on the right path...

Well except for my training.  I did not sit still last week - no, I worked out with my kettlebell, but I have not ventured out to continue with my running programme after I was bitten by the dog yet.  I really have to find the courage  now because my friend is joining me for a run on Friday and right now I think I might have lost all the progress I've made thus far.  Eeeeeeek, hopefully I will not chicken out again when I go this afternoon.

May week two be even better!


9 comments:

  1. You are doing SO GREAT with this 3rd Reboot, sommer inspiring! Your foodies sounds so delicious, wow!
    Good luck with the second week!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Can't believe how fast the second week went xx

      Delete
  2. Wow Debs! You too have come far. Just look at the great healthy snacks you made for the braai and the delicious healthy dessert. This way you will introduce healthy eating to all that you get together with. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marleen! Had a second braai this weekend plus dining out, so thrilled that we passed with flying colours :-D

      Delete
  3. All of the food at your braai sounds amazing, drool!

    You are the queen of reboot, rocking it all the way :)

    Definitely going to try those recipes they sound so yum, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ Reboot Queen - hardly, but I do try to fake it until I make it ;-)

      Delete
  4. Had a great run. And oh boy were so spoilt with Reboot braai goodies. Am so proud of you my friend. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much, my friend. I enjoyed the run too! Glad you enjoyed the Reboot braai xx

      Delete
  5. Had a great run. And oh boy were so spoilt with Reboot braai goodies. Am so proud of you my friend. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete