Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Yummy Food

I'm a real foodie, I love good food... preparing it and eating it as well.  Hence why I'm on this journey.  With that being said, I must also add that during week days I didn't do much for myself with regards to breakfasts and lunches.  During the mornings I usually grabbed a packet of Oatso Easy, Jungle B-Fast Energy Cereal or a bowl of Oatees and milk.  Lunches usually consisted out of toast, sometimes with avo, sometimes egg, and sometimes just plain tomato.  Quick, easy and no trouble at all.

Thanks to all my inspiring friends who are following Paleo, Reboot or Low Carb, I have decided to cut out or rather curb the amount of carbs I take in - especially bread and cereals.  It's now my third week eating low carb.

Now my breakfasts consist out of scrambled egg with tomato and a huge splash of Tabasco to give my metabolism a good rev.  Lunch I'm trying to do veggies or salad with fish, chicken or lean meat.  The first week I had horribly boring tuna salad, but with time I learned to zhoosh up my lunches and still make it tasty.

My lunch yesterday and today consisted out of grilled fish and veggies.  Super yum @ just over 300 calories!  I could easily have this every day - that's how tasty it is.


2 comments:

  1. Whoop whoop for low-carb eating!
    Yum, that plate of food sure looks so delish and super healthy, well done!
    I could also eat that every day, mmm!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, was yummy - had it twice this week... and today something similar - warm tuna and veggie "salad".

      Delete