Monday, March 4, 2013

Upwards and Onwards

Saturday's weigh-in was such a big F A I L ... my bathroom scale and Wii Fit didn't even agree on how much I gained.  But apparently I gained.  I'm not accepting this, and I'm not logging it, and I'm terribly sorry but that's not acceptable!  I gave it my all, had wonderful low calorie days, exercised my bum off and I know I said I expect to stand still or only show a small loss, but a gain wasn't even on my mind, because I knew how much effort I put in.  To tell you the truth, I felt like throwing a proper toddler tantrum because of this.  No man, that's just not right. Fluck it!

I realise that I've been struggling for the past couple of weeks - working hard but yet not seeing the results.  So I asked myself what changed and I realised that I've changed my pill from Yasmin to Qlaira and that quite possibly my body didn't like it.  Listen, I never believed for a minute that a pill can cause you to gain weight, I always believed that it's possible to increase your appetite, then you eat more and then you gain, but I thought it was impossible if you were on a calorie deficit and exercise program.  I went to look at Qlaira's list of side effects and there it was! Common Side Effect - Weight Gain; and Uncommon Side Effect - Increased Appetite, so there is two different scenarios.  I really think it's hindering my efforts and the reason why I struggle so much.

So as of today I'm off the pill to see if it is going to aid me in my weight-loss efforts.  I hope it does, I so hope that I get the results I work for.  I need it, I need it so much!

My changes for the coming week is:

  • Off the pill
  • Eat as low carb as possible
  • No chocolate for this chocoholic this week, not even my usual block or two of dark chocolate.  I got myself some low fat frozen yogurt as dessert to satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • Off my USN supplements as well.  
On a good note though - I bought my first Size 16 jeans in a very, very long time and it fits!  So that's something I'm very excited about at least.

This new saying from Nike inspired me:


My impossible is going to become a reality.  One day I'm going to be thin and wear Size 10/12 clothes again!  I will make it happen!

4 comments:

  1. Debs, I know it's hard but try not to let it get you down. I used USN supplements years ago in hope of losing some weight and instead and I gained 4 kgs in less than a month. The supplements obviously just didn't agree with me, maybe it affected you the same way?

    The pill also never helps matters, we have enough hormones to fight through to lose weight never mind adding more.

    I'm sorry it was a shitty weigh-in, you are working harder than anyone I know and you deserve to get good results! The next one will be a better one, I just know it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rox... I also realised that although it's good fats, the 6 USN pills I take daily contains a lot of oil. Didn't want to put it into words for in case it's silly, but I don't think it helped me this past couple of weeks I've been taking it.
      I'm going to try my everything and then hopefully you're right with regards to a better weigh-in :-)

      Delete
  2. Ai Debs, your weigh-in totally flummoxed me, just like Rox says above, you work harder than anyone I know at this and you deserve to get GREAT results!!
    Your plan for this week sounds awesome, do that.
    Glad u stopped the pill!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie Jess! So far, so good... hope this week we're all flummoxed by my GREAT weigh-in :-D

      Delete