Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Thank you!

From the bottom of my heart - thank you for everyone's encouraging messages yesterday.  It really did help me to get through a very difficult and sad day.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I am not ready to give up, I will keep fighting this fight.

I've been thinking a lot yesterday, trying to figure out if I've gone wrong somewhere.  I've started to think that my body really adapts quickly to the way I'm eating and as soon as I'm starting to lose weight it figures it out and fights me.  Reason why I'm thinking this - last year January I just started out eating healthy and watching portion sizes and I've lost weight, then it slowed down.  Then I started calorie-counting and I lost again and once again slowed down.  I incorporated different exercises, and ways of eating like low carb, low fat etc, and it went and stopped, went and stopped.  Now I've done my first Reboot and I've lost well, had a 6 day break, and did my second one and weight is suddenly not coming off any longer.  Is my body really desperate to hold onto all my fat and being counter-productive to wreck my efforts?  Maybe that theory is a bit far-fetched... I don't know.

Perhaps my insulin resistance?  I'm trying to combat that too - bought myself a new supplement AntaGolin.  Hopefully that will assist a bit...

Then this morning, I found the following someone posted on the Sleek Geek Support page:

How to fix a sluggish metabolism. 
I read this the other day and if you are trying to get into shape this is top priority valuable information. 
Firstly if your metabolism is sluggish, any attempt of loosing weight or dieting will most likely end in failure. Now, this is not new news to anyone but how do you know at your metabolism is to slow.
This is how,First, get yourself a thermometer and check your body temp everyday for a week, the average temp will tell you if you are in the clear to diet, or if you need to crank it up a notch. 
You want to be in the region of about 37C any lower than that and you're metabolism is to slow. Any attempt of fat lose will be to time consuming and may end in failure.
What if you are below 37C?
Work out your maintenance calorie intake and add 300-500 cal on top of it, so it you normally eating about 2300cal you must punch it up to 2600-2800cal per day for about 4 weeks until your are in the 37C zone. Then hold it there for another month before you start your fat loss program.
Now eating more sounds crazy when you are trying to loose weight but your metabolism will be burning up the excess cal intake and you may even start to lean up. 
NOTE: eat clean when bumping up your calories (I know this goes without saying) if you meet this new cal intake with junk food and empty calories for 2 months you will most likely put on body fat.
It immediately made sense to me, because my body temperature is always low in the region of 35.5 degrees and sometimes as low as 34.  But eating so many calories ... I just don't know.  I'm afraid I will pick up even more weight.  But I will investigate further and look for solutions to rev up my metabolism.  I know of certain foods that assists, like chillies and hot foods which I always try and include in my eating always.

Anyway.

I'm fine, still feeling sad and hopeless, but working on it and continuing on this journey!


7 comments:

  1. Green tea also revs up the metabolism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marleen, I do drink 2 cups, but I guess that's not enough. Will perhaps see if I can find Greentea extract and see if that helps me

      Delete
  2. i too am on the weight loss road and it really is a difficult journey! try not to lose that determination that helped you lose the initial weight in the beginning.

    good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JoJo! So agree with you! Definitely holding on to that determination. Good luck to you too x

      Delete
  3. How are you feeling this week Debs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rox. Still plodding along, but hanging in there. Will do a post in a bit - thanks for checking in on me!

      Delete
  4. Cardio, cardio....thats the answer and you doing it now....going to get you to run next.

    ReplyDelete