Monday, April 22, 2013

Doctor's Appointment Update

Oh man, I've got a cool doc!  He really listened to what I had to say and he really believed me when I explained to him how hard I'm trying.  He went through some print-outs of my food diary, and checked out my weight-loss charts since January 2012, and he even took a look at my blog and commented on the results I got during the 30 Day Shred.

He asked me if I'm feeling excessively tired, and I told him I am, but also that I think it's normal for a full-time working mom with no domestic to feel the way I do.  He also asked me about my menstrual cycles and a couple of other things.

So we're going to be very pro-active about this.  Tomorrow morning I have to go back for the bloods because for some of them I need to fast, and for one of them I need to rest for 15 minutes before they take the bloods.  He decided to test the following:


  • Lipogram (I think this is just a full Cholesterol test)
  • Glucose
  • Insulin Resistance
  • Thyroid Profile
  • Hirsutism Screen (I have no idea what this is)
  • Prolactin (something to do with regulating your immune system)
  • Full Blood Count
I'm extremely scared for the bloods, because I usually get dizzy and get close to fainting. They never find veins in my arm, so they have to draw the blood out of my hand, and that's why the doctor himself is going to draw the blood tomorrow.  And with not being able to eat beforehand and no coffee in my system, I'm definitely going to be feeling yuck to start out with.  But it has to be done, and therefor I'll put on my big girl panties tomorrow!


6 comments:

  1. You do have an AWESOME doctor, yay!
    So so glad he listened to everything u had to say and is being so proactive.

    Ai toggie, I know the bloods are NO fun, and even less so when u can't even eat, eeeeek. Sorry my friend - but it's for a very good cause!

    GOOD LUCK!!!
    Hehe, love the motivational piccie! ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie Jess! Luckily it's over now... 6 viles of blood drawn, but luckily with a bit of searching he was able to get a vein and he didn't even hurt me, so I'm a happy chappy! xx

      Delete
  2. So glad your doctor really listened to you, so few of them do that. Good luck for the tests tomorrow, they will be over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a mill, Rox! Luckily it was over and done with rather quickly, now just waiting for the results.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with seeing the doctor with all the blood tests. You do have an awesome doctor if he reads your blog and commented. I would love that from my Personal trainer. But he told me that he aren't big on computers, so that won't happen any time soon :)
    Let us know when you know. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marleen! Luckily the blood are over and done with now! Hehe he didn't have much of a choice, I showed him my blog right there in his office, and the he said he could tell that my body is changing! lol @ your personal trainer, can't believe that there's people out there that doesn't like computers...

      Delete