Monday, April 8, 2013

I'm holding on!

Wooohooo I'm happy with what I accomplished this past week!  Sticking to the Shred - finished Day 6 today.  I had a cheat-free Saturday; and kept to all the rules I've set out for myself!

*Happiness*

This weekend I did some shopping and stocked my kitchen for the week - I bought some Coconut Oil (holy crap - R80 for 400ml!), Almonds, Raisins, Dried Prunes, Kiwi Fruit, Pomegranate, Bananas, Granadillas, lots of Veggies and nice lean meats - so I'm set for this week.

I know I have to limit my fruit intake, so I try to only have 2 fruit servings a day.  Oooh and I came up with the most awesome thing to satisfy my sweet tooth.  I made Popsicles with kiwi fruit and unsweetened granadilla juice - each popsicle only contains 2 slices of kiwi and 80ml juice and is about 56 calories each! It's beyond delish!


Also glad to report that I managed to stay away from the scale!  I might give in to weighing when I complete Level 1 of the Shred... but I don't know yet.  It's quite a liberating feeling not to weigh, but at the same time knowing that I am doing something incredibly important to change my body and change the way I look.  Maybe... just maybe... I will get over the number on the scale, and rather just focus on what I see in the mirror.

I enjoyed my two cheat meals yesterday, but also felt a bit guilty although I did not overdo it like I used to.  Gosh I didn't even have chocolate, just a handful of speckled eggs.  I did buy some chocolate covered raisins, but didn't get around to it, so it's now stashed away in the cupboard for another day.  Jamie's Easter chocolate is also still safe.

My plan for the week is the same as last week, and to finish level 1 of the 30 Day Shred on Friday.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm dreading Level 2, because that's when it really gets hard.  I can't remember if Level 2 was the one with the lots of planks... or the one with the lots of jumping - but I hated both last time around.  Luckily I'm no longer sore from the workouts - the rest day yesterday did me the world's good!

So yes, I'm going to stay strong this week! Woooohooo!



4 comments:

  1. You sound ready for this week, that is awesome, your shopping list had me almost drooling. Those popsicles look amazing!!

    I think not weighing in after doing so for so long can be quite scary, but I agree that it is important to start focussing rather on how you feel and look. You're doing great!

    Oh and yes, if I recall correctly level 2 is the one with the evil planks. I can't remember which one had the most jumping though :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodie... I just recalled there's a lot of jumping in both... eeeeeeeeek!

      Delete
  2. Yay for such an upbeat post my friend! You're ROCKING the 30DS, yay!
    Good luck with planks and jumping, eeeugh, LOL.

    Popsicles look delish, u clever lady!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! So glad I'm able to manage the 30DS

      Delete