Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 29, Life after Reboot & My Hubby, the Rock Star

Holy moly, this past month flew by.  I expected it to drag out and for it to be pure torture all the way.  But no, here I am on Day 29 - my second last day on Reboot.  It went by so fast, and it wasn't so difficult as I imagined it to be, but I'm still thankful that I'll be able to have a slice of toast on Wednesday morning :-)

What are my plans after Reboot?  I'm still not entirely sure, but I'm definitely going to restart the 30 Day Shred.  I feel it has done so much for my body last time around, that I definitely want to do it again.  I hate to admit, but I actually love it.  Then I'm *thinking* about starting my second Reboot on Tuesday the 18th of June after a short break and the long-weekend.  I would finish just in time for my boy's third birthday, and my own birthday a week later.  Don't know if I have the guts to restart it so soon after the first one, but I sure want to have the results, so I might just do it.  Otherwise I'm definitely going to follow Paleo strictly, BUT with the odd non-Paleo treat once in a while.

I just want to take the moment and say what an absolute rock star I think my hubby is.  He stuck with me through out this Reboot challenge, stayed 100% cheat-free, embraced it as a possible new lifestyle (with the odd treat for him as well) and even made me Reboot-friendly breakfast a couple of times, and braai'd for me twice.  Previously whenever I told him he was responsible for dinner or lunch, he would climb in his car and drive to a take-away joint and buy us something, he never ever cooks - so this is HUGE!

So far he lost incredibly well - he started out @ approx 115'ish and after 20 days he was at 109'ish.  He went from snoring constantly, and loudly, every single night to not snoring at all.  So I am unable to stay in bed with him all night and sleep, I'm not taking my pillow to the couch whenever he starts snoring any longer, because it's not needed and that makes me oh so happy.

I can see the difference in his body so clearly, his face is so much skinnier and he is busy losing his tummy.  After so long, he decided he wants to change as well.  I am so relieved, because I want him to be healthy, now I just need to get him to exercise on a regular basis.

Well done, Liefling, so proud of you xx

4 comments:

  1. WOW! That is absolutely great regarding your husband. I love how he have joined in and support you. Helps a lot.
    You did well at sticking to the reboot. Well done and be proud of yourself. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marleen! Appreciate the support and kind words!

      Delete
  2. That is absolutely amazing Debs, it really does help to do this as a team!

    Woohoo for Day 30 today!! Well done, so proud of you! Can't wait to read about your amazing results :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooohooooo Rox, Day 30!!! So glad I did this with you.

      Delete