Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Results are in!

I could hardly sleep last night, I was so excited, and a little worried about my last weigh-in too, because with me you just never know!  Woke up at 5 this morning and couldn't get myself to sleep again, so I counted down the time until hubby leaves to take Jamie to school and then it was weigh-in time!

*And I would like to apologise in advance, this post is going to consist out of a lot of exclamation marks*

For the last third of Reboot I am down 1.1 kg. Bringing my total for the 30 days to 4.6 kg, which is the best results I have had ever... like in ever!  Normally I aim for a loss of 500 grams a week, which is sometimes a long stretch, so an average of more than a kilogram a week is fireworks for me :-)

My total weight-loss stand on 19.5 kg - so very close to my mini goal of 20 kg... which I secretly hoped would be reached today, but it was a long shot.  But I'm right on it and that goal will be met very soon, together with my goal to get my BMI out of the obese range.  To date I have lost 19% of my original body weight... so I have lost about a 5th of myself.  Hehe love me some stats!

Did my photo comparison as well, and I am pleased to see my tummy is much, much smaller and my exercise pants (which I bought 3 months ago) is already baggy on me.



Love seeing physical reminders of how my body is changing.  It makes everything worthwhile.

Now I'm just sitting in anticipation, wanting to see how much hubby lost!

When he is back, he is going to weigh-in, we'll have some breakfast and then we have both put leave in for the day so we're going on a date!  Movies, lunch and some shopping.  It's our little celebration for completing Reboot.  Looking forward to it!

Thank you for all the kind comments and support on my blog, each and every comment helped and motivated me to get through this.  xx

*edit
Hubby is down a total of 7kg for the Reboot Challenge.  So proud!

Quickly did my measurements as well - down a total of 24.5 cm which is good, but not as good as my 40 cm when I did the 30 Day Shred.  So tomorrow I'm meeting up with Jillian again :-)

11 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing post! I love it!! You have worked so hard and put in such dedication and I am so happy for you that the results are showing :) Well done, you truly are an inspiration to me!

    I bet you can get to your next mini-goal within 2 weeks with ease :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rox and you are such a huge inspiration to me too. Yes, planning on gunning for that goal as a matter of urgency now!

      Delete
  2. I love how you are taking photos of yourself, as you go along.
    Debra, you are doing GREAT. Well done! You are working so hard and reaping the awards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marleen! The photos really helps me to keep things in perspective, the number on the scale often gets me down, so I like to see real progress in terms of changes I see on the pics!

      Delete
  3. Awesome Debra!!Love the before after pics...you are rocking this weight loss thing:) Simone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could not be prouder!!!! Such great results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop Whoop! You are looking awesome. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Debs, you really look amazing!

    Well done

    ReplyDelete