Monday, June 3, 2013

Reboot update - two thirds done!

I'm so close to Day 30 I can almost smell it!  On Saturday I had my second weigh-in and I lost another 1.3 kilograms which makes my Reboot total 3.5 kg and my overall total 18.4 - so so very close to 20!

The second part does not show such a great loss as the first 10 days, but it's totally understandable since I was sick and I guess my body didn't perform to it's fullest potential and I did not exercise either.  I am still very, very happy with the result and I will be ecstatic if I show the same type of loss in the last 10 days.

This weekend was my third weekend on Reboot and it does get easier although weekends are definitely the hardest.  I just made sure we have healthy snacks available to us and that really helped, plus I tried making special weekend meals like on Saturday I made steak with a type of mushroom sauce and sweet potato chips and on Sunday we had a breakfast-lunch.

I still don't feel 100% healthy, still struggling with a big of a cough and a runny nose, but I don't know which medicines to take because the pills that usually works to dry me up contains sugar... yeah, can you believe it!  So I only take an antihistamine and a nose spray to help me through,

Hubby is doing brilliantly as well, I can barely believe his success!  This week he is down 2.5 kg which makes his total 6.4 thus far.  It should grate my cheese that he lose so much faster than I am, especially since he does zero exercise, but I really don't mind and am so happy for him.  It took a long time for him to realise he should lose weight and this is the first time he has stuck to it and made that commitment.

Paleo is definitely the way to go it seems.  This is the first time my body reacted so well to a certain way of eating.  Look I still have not found that energy boost everybody is talking about, and I still feel rather crappy because of me not being well, and I still fall asleep in front of the television every night before 9, but I really do feel I would have been off worse if this wasn't the way I was eating.  So definitely going to continue this way of eating after the 30 Day Challenge, there's just a few things I would like to add to my diet in moderation.  It's definitely not going to be sugar, that I can tell you!

Some real progress at last!  It feels like the weight of the world has been removed from my shoulders!  The only real worry now- to replace my old clothes which looks terrible on me!  The majority of my closet is still size 18 - 20, when my new size 16's is already beginning to sit lose on me.  Next stop - size 14!  Oh and I have to have my ring resized - I had such a fright on Saturday when I ran over a street and all of a sudden my ring flew off and rolled over the road!  So I'm officially thinner than the day we got engaged... can't remember when last I was in the low 80's - probably a good 8 to 10 years ago.

I feel so good!  *insert the song here*



8 comments:

  1. You are doing GREAT! And I agree - Paleo is the way to go.
    Sorry about energy levels tho. Hopefully you have that energy burst coming this week!!
    Eeek @ your ring flying off your hand!
    Get better soon!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess! So thankful for the new hope Paleo gave me xx

      Delete
  2. Such an awesome post to read Debs, you are doing fabulously! The first time I definitely lost more in the first week than I did in the subsequent weeks, but really your loss so far has been awesome, and your will power to stick this out inspirational. You deserve these fab results! (btw my energy burst usually only comes around day 26 lol)

    Get better soon and enjoy clothes shopping, oh and get that ring resized before you end up having to buy a whole new one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoop whoop, I'll be crossing my fingers that I get a bout of energy on day 26 then lol! Thanks Rox, definitely going to get it resized soon xx

      Delete
  3. You really are doing so good. Well done.
    Some consolation - it does get better over weekends, where it won't bother you anymore. You will get to a point where you start to think about activities to do without food. It's such a pleasure to get to that point.
    Debra, you are going to be such a big inspiration to many. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie Marleen! Can't wait to get to that point :-)

      Delete
  4. I still cant believe its the Debra I first met - this Debs is so together and knows what she wants....I love it.
    Paleo is a brilliant way to eat....its the plan all knowledgeable people are on...so well done that you have found this plan and loving it.
    Cant believe the amount of weight you have lost.....awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marcelle! I am definitely committed and I do hope this is the lifestyle that's going to see me through till goal weight and beyond. So excited :-)

      Delete