Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 30... I made it!!!!

Here I am, almost halfway through my last day on Reboot.  30 Days since I had any grains or starches, sugar or sweeteners, dairy, legumes, alcohol and most importantly chocolate.  I saw Karin, Roxy and then Jess and so many other friends complete Reboot with awesome results.  I looked at them, admiring them, and thought wow they are awesome, I will never, ever be able to do that.  I loved my "everything in moderation" approach.  And then I struck another weight-loss plateau, I learned I was borderline insulin resistant and that's slowing down my capability to lose weight, and I saw someone on the Reboot support forum saying the following:

"Everything in moderation?  Do you also want your health in moderation?"

No, I certainly did not.  So with little nudges from my Rebooter-friends, I started this 30 day challenge.  I am pleased I did and I feel good about it.

I had so much fun in the kitchen, trying so many new recipes and found so many yummy ones that's keepers.  I learned that I don't need sugar for treats - there's so many things I can make without sugar or starches: chocolate mousse with coconut milk, ice-cream with frozen bananas, the most delicious chocolaty bliss balls or chocolate brownie bites with nuts and fruit, chocolate cake with mere banana, egg and cacao, banana bread with coconut, eggs and bananas - the possibilities are endless.

Okay I had my fair share of stir-fries, eggs, salads and roasted veg, but I will gladly have some more cottage pie with sweet potato, beef, mushroom & veg soup, tuna cakes, almond-crusted chicken, yummy curry with veggie mash, steak with mushrooms and sweet potato chips; and so many more.  That's why it seems so doable to continue with this way of eating in the future as well.

I do miss a couple of things - my beloved tomato sauce, cheddar cheese, warm toast with butter and avo, a bowl of pasta, and I would give about anything for a Lindt ball.  So I am definitely going to have these in the next 6 days before giving them up again.  I want to see if they taste as good as I imagined, I almost hope they don't.

But for now I still have two Reboot meals to get through - delicious chicken and veg for lunch, and tuna, bacon and avo salad for dinner.  Tomorrow my last weigh-in and measurements :-)  Hope the scale treats me well!


4 comments:

  1. You made it!!! Super happy for you, well done :) I am so glad that you joined me on this Reboot journey and I hope that it has changed your life, like it did mine. Lots for you to be proud about (oh and a big well done to your hubby, I caught mine sneaking a cup of coffee on day 4 lol).

    Can't wait to read your blog post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ the coffee on day 4! Usually my hubby cheats so much when I put him on a diet, but luckily not this time, because he knew I would be keeping my eye on his scale readings haha.
      So glad I did Reboot with you xx

      Delete
  2. "I want to see if they taste as good as I imagined..." Hehehe, u sound just like me! I remember being super, super excited about a KFC meal, and it didn't match up to expectations AT all. Wine and pizza were totally delicious - but the sucky feeling of being so full and bloated was NOT nice!! It's really interesting. You must listen closely to your body as you introduce each food u've been avoiding for 30 days!

    Can't wait to hear your results tomorrow.

    Well done my friend! Super trots op jou, en op J ook!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baie, baie dankie Jess! Love all our meals yesterday, only breakfast had me a bit nauseous. But our lunch-time burger went down so well, but when dinner-time came I only longed for toast and avo hehe.

      Delete