Friday, June 7, 2013

Update on Day 26 & Reboot-friendly Chocolate Mug Cake

Today is my 26th day on Reboot.  Including today I have 5 days left of this very strict programme.  I wish I experienced it like most of the Rebooters do, but it seems like my journey is much different than what's average.

Where other people really struggled with detox-headaches, I didn't really - I only had a light headache on two occasions - that's a good thing!

Other people experienced a bout of energy after about a week, I'm still waiting for mine, but I'm a full time working mom, so I don't think that's meant for my poor body.

Some say that after Day 18 there's no more cravings and that you will feel like a tiger and do not want the Reboot 30 days to end... I have had my worst cravings this week, and no it's not my time of month, but I would kill for anything sweet.  Yesterday I kissed my toddler boy just after he ate a block of chocolate and I tasted the sweet, sweet chocolate on his lips and it almost killed me... so off I went to make myself Paleo Chocolate Mousse to keep myself sane.  I also made myself chocolate mug cake this week and it's totally Reboot-friendly although a bit calorie-dense. But I had to, just to help me and it did.

I was taking this week easy exercise-wise because I still had a nasty cough, but it seems better today, so will put in a good session today.  The first in two weeks, but I had to take the break with our whole family being sick, energy levels so low and work being beyond hectic.  I feel quite guilty, it's such a long break and I'm sure it did hurt my weight loss efforts.  I'm just going to have to make up for it.

Now the 4th and last Reboot weekend lies before me.  I will keep the cravings at bay, I will put in some great exercise and get calories galore burnt, I will get some sleep and this will be a GOOOOOOOD weekend!  I can't wait!




REBOOT-FRIENDLY CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE














There are quite a few recipes on the net.  Most of them made with banana and egg, and adding almond butter, so I tweaked it a bit adding dates for a sweeter taste and using macadamia nut butter and vanilla.

It's absolutely delicious, especially if eaten warm.

1 Small Banana - mashed
1 Egg
1.5 Tablespoon Macadamia nut Butter
2 Tablespoons Cacao
1 - 2 Dates very finely chopped or mashed
A few drops of vanilla extract

Mix everything together in a mug, pop in the microwave for 2 to 2½ minutes on high and VOILA!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Debs, I don't think being sick has helped you with the energy issue, glad to hear that you are starting to feel better again. I also don't get amazing bouts of energy on reboot, I am always secretly jealous of those that do. I think I get my energy in the last few days because I know it is almost over and I get my energy from that excitement lol!

    As for that mug cake, it looks far, far, too good so I can't allow myself to make it otherwise I will eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner for these last remaining days, and as it is I can feel I haven't lost much weight this time around! I think I ate too many reboot friendly biscuits lol, but that said if I didn't I don't believe I would have stayed on reboot, so if they are needed then why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ energy from excitement. Hehe no unfortunately still no energy... thanks Jamie for keeping me up last night grrrr, but luckily I was able to sleep late Saturday.

      That mug cake is really good and luckily I held myself in and only had it once... but had banana ice-cream and blissballs this weekend, so not too good. But like you say, it got me through this reboot, so why not!

      Delete
  2. I think it's wise that you decided to take it easy with the exercise while having a cough. You are doing good on this challenge. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marleen! Yeah would rather be safe than sorry, but I missed the exercise and am glad I'm better

      Delete