Sunday, February 24, 2013

Another new week

Yes another fresh week awaiting for us.  I hope it's going to be a good one, I hope it's going to be a successful one ... going to try my best this week to be positive and enjoy every minute!

I saw this the other day on Pinterest and I immediately pinned it


It struck quite a chord with me, because even though I'm much thinner than I used to be a year ago, I still see myself as the same size, and think of myself in such a negative light.  Yes I do feel cheerful every time I weigh in and I see a loss, I'm ecstatic when my clothes feel better, or when I need to buy smaller sizes, but in my mind I'm still a total fatty.

Saturday night my hubby snapped a pic of me - no make-up on, in my pj's with wet hair after a quick shower and what a surprise when I took a look at it!  I looked so totally different to myself on the picture - I never allow full length pictures of me if I can help it as I'm usually disgusted with myself and the way I look.  This time I even allowed hubby to keep it on his phone - my face looks thinner, my arms almost toned, my legs are taking shape, and luckily my yucky tummy was hidden behind a lose black nighty.  I'm just baffled that I don't see that in the mirror.  Think I need to work a bit on my self image...

4 comments:

  1. Love the motivational pic!
    So true RE sometimes being stuck in a wrong mindset! That's so cool that you got a pleasant surprise at a pic of yourself, yay! Add that to your list of non-scale victories. Very cool!
    I also note your skinny face on your FB pics! :-)))

    Let's make this week a great one!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, it definitely put a huge smile on my face and a "I told you so" from Johnathan.
      Yes, let's rock this week!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Keep up the great attitude Debs! That with you hard work is doing wonders for you!

    I fully believe that the mirror only reflects back what you think of yourself, mostly because we only focus on what we believe to be the problem areas instead of looking at the whole image. Print that pic your hubby took and put it up on your mirror so you can remind yourself what you need to be looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Rox, I tend to be over-critical of myself. I might just print that piccie out :-) Thanks x

      Delete