Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mid-week Rambling

I can't believe it's the middle of the week again!  Half-way on my way to my next weigh-in and I'm worrying myself sick.  I've been good - ate well, ate clean - high in protein, low in sugar and tried to eat low GI as well where I can.  I trained well this week so far as well - 3x 45 to 50 minute workouts, burning 400+ calories each time.  I'm literally trying to dance my butt off!

My cycle hasn't started yet, so I'm probably going to be smack-bang in the middle of it on Saturday when I have to weigh.

I.don't.want.to.see.another.gain.and.feel.like.a.failure.

I'm scared.  I have grown to hate weigh-in days.. unless I have lost and it's over and done with for the week.  I'm afraid what the people who's following my journey will think when I said I was good and trained well, but then I log a gain.

I thought about skipping this week's weigh-in, but I don't want to do it, just for in case my hard work paid off and my water retention is gone and there's a small victory on my horizon.

So I'm going to go ahead and have a great week, train hard, eat as healthy as possible (with the exception of our V-day dinner) and just be positive.  Then I'll know whatever the week's result is that I did give it my best.  And that if it's not successful, I will still see the results I worked for, just not necessarily immediately and not necessarily on the scale.

I'm going to make myself proud.


4 comments:

  1. Debs, I know how you feel, but please remember the scale doesn't define your efforts, which have been amazing! We shouldn't let a little inanimate object make us feel so bad. I have decided to skip the weigh-in if I have or am about to have AF. Maybe rather make those measurement weeks?

    Which ever way, you are a star, and the scale won't make any difference to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I always say next time I weight during AF, then I'm going to kick my own bum... and still I can't leave the darn scale alone!
    Thanks for the kind words, Rox! I must still learn not to take the number on the scale too serious... just a bit hard when the number is so high and I desperately want it in the normal range...
    You are a weight-loss star too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing so, so great - wow @ this week's workouts, well done!!
    Flip, I really hope AF doesn't bugger you around. But I'm so sure it actually was AF buggering you around with last week's weigh-in, that you maybe retain more water before AF than during?

    Oh no, please please please don't let the scale make you feel like a failure. Remember to remind yourself of the non-scale victories, so important.

    You're such an inspiration to me. Just keep doing what u're doing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dankie Jess! I don't know... I looked on my spreadsheet and I usually have a good loss the week before AF, but a smaller loss, a gain or a standstill during my AF week. But on the new pill it might just be different. Only time will tell! Thank you for your kind words and motivation - it helps me so much to stay on the wagon MWAH xx

    ReplyDelete