Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Exercise that kicks my booty!

Last week I was unwell with a sore throat and extreme sinus infection, so I took it easy with my exercise.  I only walked for about 40 to 45 minutes every day, so I decided this week since I'm feeling much better that I'm going to kick it up a notch with my workouts.  I had Zumba Sculpt and Tone waiting for me for a while now, but it looked so difficult combining the dancing with the weights (I do not have the toning sticks so I use my regular 1.5 kg hand-weights).  Yesterday I just dived in and did it.  Wow, what a workout!  45 Minutes of serious exercise.

It's so much fun, I love the pulsing rhythms and the different dance styles, and then combining it with strength training.  Yesterday I burned 428 calories, and today I pushed it even more with 441 calories - my heart rate an average of 151, reaching a max of a scary 173.

Going to stick with it for the week, and see if it helps my results.  Hoping to lose some serious cm's too!  I adore it when I feel so goooooood after a workout... absolute joy!


3 comments:

  1. Brilliant freaking workout, woohoo!!!!
    Just keep doing this, and u're gonna lose cm's like nobody's business!
    Sjoe, mooi so!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh losing cm's like that will make me sooooo happy!
      Dankie Jess :-) xx

      Delete
  2. We have exactly the same HRM - you just use yours more than I use mine :) Lol.

    ReplyDelete