Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My trusty old Wii

My Wii plays a fundamental role in my weight-loss journey.  My hubby bought it for me back in 2008, and I added the Wii Fit to it, and later on the Wii Fit Plus.  Look I totally know that the Wii Fit's exercise is a bit Mickey Mouse, but it got me moving for the first time in my adult life and it was so much fun I kept at it.  Also I started using it to keep track of my weigh-ins and I still do my weekly weigh-ins on it today.  It's pretty accurate (measured against my electronic bathroom scale), and I can go back for years and see how much I weighed when.

Then one day I discovered that there's loads more fitness "games" I can use in conjunction with my Wii which is great for my workouts.  So far I have Step to the Beat which is a stepping/walking in rhythm game.  I do this when I want a chilled out workout as I don't burn too many calories with it - only about 220 per 45 minutes.  I also have a cardio boxing game which is a great workout and burns a lot of calories, and a My Fitness Coach: Dance Workout which is mainly latin dancing.  Then my favorites which I use regularly is Just Dance 1, 2, 3 & 4.  It's so much fun dancing, and I burn quite a lot of calories with it, especially if I use the Sweat Mode.  I easily burn 400+ in an hour.

With a 2½ year old, working full time, and in charge of our household - cleaning, laundry etc. my life is quite hectic and I don't have a lot of time for myself, nevermind time to go to the gym.  But with my trusty Wii, and exercise dvds by my side I manage to do 45 minutes of exercise about 4 to 5 times a week, because it's so much easier to fit it in my daily life than it would be to drive 20 minutes to a gym, gym for an hour and drive back.

So far I think I manage well on my own as I don't have too many issues to motivate myself to get up and do some exercise.  It helps me that my exercise is fun, that way I can keep at it.

Hope there's still many hours of fun with my Wii in the future!  Please, please, my dearest Wii, don't die on me, just keep going, I need you!


No comments:

Post a Comment