Friday, May 10, 2013

30 Day Shred Challenge Completed!

I'm writing with so much relief this morning; and so much pride.  I completed my 30 Day Shred Challenge this morning.  I started out on the 2nd of April; and endured 30 of Jillian Michael's kick-ass workouts and I came out on top.  I can not begin to describe how much this challenge has meant to me; how much I've learned about myself.  And yes, it's the second time I'm completing this, but the first time was different - I did it, I went through the motions and when I was done, I was done.  This time was so much different, because I started out with the mindset that I'm going to change my body for the better, I really worked hard, I've put in my everything in every single workout just because I wanted to be stronger, be fitter and bettered the body I live in.

 Big thing I wanted to proof was that the number on the scale did not matter as much as I thought it would or should.  For 2 solid months now I did not lose a single gram, in fact - since the beginning of the challenge I have gained 900 grams.  But my body has changed.  I look leaner, and most importantly I feel stronger.  After my c-section I never thought I would ever be able to feel my stomach muscles again, but my core is growing stronger.  So strong in fact that this morning I was lying on my back, I lifted my 15kg boy in the air, sat upright and stood up - all with him still being held in the air.  So strength training is a definite must in my future.  This cardio-bunny has come a long way.

Here's my results for the 30 Days!


 
 

Ready for my next challenge Monday - Reboot Detox!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my word Debs, AMAZING before and after piccies!!! You look fantastic, your waist, your bum, your legs, your boobs! Wow, wow, wow! You are super inspiring, and so so true that you have proved that the number on the scale does NOT matter - amazing that you actually weigh more in the after piccie, but you look so fabulous!
    Super proud of you my friend.
    Wooohooo @ Reboot starting soon!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jess! I am really so chuffed with the results. Yay for Reboot starting, I am ready! xx

      Delete
  2. WOW!! Amazing amazing results. Can see significant changes on every part of your body, it really made a huge difference. So as much as JM is a crazy bitch, what she tells us to do does work lol. Well done it was a super tough challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha @ crazy bitch - oh yeah!!!! It did work, so I am glad I stuck to it. Cheers to Reboot starting today! xx

      Delete
  3. well done Debs!!
    The change in your waist and stomach is awesome!!

    keep it up and good luck with the reboot.
    Kill it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karin :-) Definitely going to take this Reboot challenge on with everything I got - yay! xx

      Delete
  4. WELL DONE! You did it!
    I am glad that you are super proud of you for completing this challenge because you really should be. You did great and congrats on those losses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marleen, I live for these challenges :-)

      Delete
  5. Huge difference in 30days....wow...well done

    ReplyDelete