Monday, May 6, 2013

It's Monday, but it's okay!

Urgh what a rough time!  Last week Monday hubby's wisdom tooth was pulled.. in the dentist chair... pulled... so he was in a lot of pain this week; so much that infection kicked in and he is man down for a whole week thus far.  Then I started with yucky sinusses on Friday... getting worse over the weekend, so much so that I didn't feel well and barely breathed this weekend.  Between the two of us, I have no idea how we managed to keep it together and still looked after our almost 3-year old.  We only almost had a blocked toilet after little mister tried to dispose of a whole pack of wet wipes... and poor Jade, our cat, was fed more than usual... but the good thing is our house is still standing and everyone's alive!

I took this weekend off from Killian so had two rest days instead of only one.  I just completed day 26, with a little less vigour than usual, but at least I managed it.  If all goes well I do hope that I'll be completing it on Friday.  So fingers crossed!

My planning for Reboot next week is going well.  I stocked up over the weekend on a whole lot of Paleo foods and researched a lot and tried putting a list together of meal-ideas.  This week I'm trying to do a sort of warm-up for the 30 days, and have started with a Paleo breakfast and lunch today.  I'm looking forward to the challenge, although I'm a bit scared to tell you the truth!

Then something that has bothered me for a while now... why is it that people generally think that because you're overweight that you don't eat healthy, you don't exercise and you don't feed your family proper, nutritional food.  I'm so fed-up for comments from family and friends implying that we don't live a healthy lifestyle.  This when in fact that I've already lost a bucket load of weight over the past 16 months, exercise 5 - 6 times a week and if you looked at my food diary you would think I'm a skinny girl... and yes I feed my family the same foods that I eat!  I can't help that I lose weight much slower than the average Joe...  I can't help that even though I pack my hubby a healthy breakfast and lunch every single day to take to work, and give him a nutritional dinner at home that he eats and drinks stuff behind my back that's out of my control and that he does not exercise.  And yes, my boy is a picky eater, but I make sure that he eats at least one piece of fruit or vegetables with his dinner every single night; and I make sure he eats out of all 5 food groups.  I'm proud that I have a healthy, active boy with no signs of being over or under weight.  So I wish people will just take their assumptions and shove it and concentrate on their own families!  *vent over*

I'm going to make this week a good one!  I've got a lot to look forward to!  Completing the 30 Day Shred on Friday - I'm so looking forward to it.  And then on Saturday I'm off to tick two things off my bucket list: 1.  Meet my special friend and weight-loss buddy, Jess and 2.  See Bon Jovi live in concert :-D  Now that's loads to smile about.  So the sinus-pains better bugger off, I have no time for it!



3 comments:

  1. It's good that u're easing into Reboot by trying some Paleo meals, then it won't be such a shock for your body! I'm gonna feed you Paleo food too - but we have to cheat with a glass of vino or two, to celebrate these two things to tick off our bucket lists!

    Sorry about snarky comments that people make. :-(
    Ignore them, you know what you're doing is right!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jess! Yes please for the glass or two vino :-) We have to!
      Must say I love my brekkie of scrambled egg and tomato! xx

      Delete
  2. I agree with JessV. It's good that you are easing back into the Paleo meals. She's right, then it's not that big of a shock to your body.
    I hope you have a much better week.

    ReplyDelete