Monday, May 27, 2013

Halfway through Reboot!

I made this halfway-mark just by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin.  Heavens know what a terrible week I had last week.  Let me try and sum it up for you.  The week started out with yucky sugar withdrawals that made me emotional, it must have affected hubby too, because that fueled a bit of a fight.  Reminded me so much of the time when we both quit smoking together.  Then Jamie started waking with nightmares, and crying though-out last week's nights.  I had so little sleep with that.  Then hubby and Jamie was in a bumper-basher, luckily not too bad, but our car is now in for repairs.  Luckily nobody got hurt, although it did affect Jamie's emotional state which was already not too good with the nightmares.  Thursday some kid stuck bubblegum in Jamie's hair, and that was an episode too.  Work was hectic and had it's own challenges and drama.  Then the weekend arrived and I thought, yay, at last, now I can rest and chill.  No.  Friday night Jamie started with a fever and slept even worse and wanted me with him the whole night, so I had no sleep, except between 6 and 8 when hubby took care of him and Jamie allowed him.  Saturday was difficult with Jamie and I both sleep deprived - you see my child does not sleep when he's sick - he is the opposite; and most meds make him even more hyper.  Saturday night we also battled with fever and had a bad night.  Sunday morning I started with a chest cold, but decided to take Jamie to the doc so he got his meds to make him better... but no.  The stupid stupid pharmacist over dosed my child - he worked the antibiotics dose out incorrectly, so it affected Jamie badly and he threw up since last night at 7 till well after 8.  After some nausea meds he fell asleep at last, but woke up a couple of times during the night and of course mommy was worried and didn't sleep as much she should have.

Luckily it's a new week, I feel slightly better this morning, Jamie's fever broke during the night and he is much better - thank goodness for the Celestamine.  But yes, it's an absolute miracle that I survived this week without breaking down, and it's even more miraculous that I stayed focused on my eating plan.  I reckoned it's the only thing that I'm able to control during this whirlwind week, and that kept me sane somehow.

Now I'm halfway through Reboot and I'm really enjoying this way of eating.  I bet I would be much sicker if I did not cut out the dairy, so I'm thankful for that!  I'm having so much fun with my food - last week I made a yummy beef & mushroom soup, tuna/sweet potato cakes, we had a braai with veggie kebabs and chicken, I made Reboot-friendly ice-cream, had awesome smoothies and even had Reboot chocolate mousse and bliss balls.  I'm not over-doing it with the sweetie recipes though, but the 3 desserts last week helped me to curb the sweet cravings and I limited my portions.  I can't believe I have not had chocolate for over 2 weeks, that's a record!

I'm feeling good, I see a huge difference in my face and the way my clothes are fitting.  I can barely wait until my next weigh-in which is the 20-day mark on Saturday.

Hubby is also fairing well, but if I suggested a cheat over the weekend he would have said yes, let's do it, but luckily I motivated him to stay on course with our eating plan.  He is such a trouper - he does not cook, but he made us bacon and eggs for breakfast Saturday morning and Sunday evening when I really did not feel well he reheated some chicken, made me a avo, tomato & cashew salad, and even boiled me an egg, even though it was a bit underdone, but I ate it, because I was so thankful!  I already see a big difference in him as well.

Now I'm looking forward to a good week, I'm sure it's going to be great!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a week from hell, eeek! So sorry you had to go through that but you can be super proud that you still stuck to reboot, I would have completely understood if you didn't so I am mightily impressed!! I hope you and Jamie are feeling loads better now.

    Can't wait for your next weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rox... yeah my challenge continues with us all being sick/sicker...eeeeek! But staying strong

      Delete
  2. I'm really proud that you stood strong through the whole week without slipping with regards to your eating. WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marleen. It was hard, but worth it

      Delete