Tuesday, May 21, 2013

So chuffed, I made almond butter!

I feel like buying an almond farm and open up a health shop with all the yummy nut products!

Yes, today I made another little something something with almonds.  This time it was almond butter, and it's yummy.  (Gosh, I've said yummy so many times throughout Reboot so far!)

Is started out by dry-roasting the almonds at 180 degrees Celsius, for just a couple of minutes.  I started out with just a small portion of nuts, just to see if I was going to succeed with it. Then I blitzed it in the food processor together with a pinch of salt and about half a teaspoon of coconut oil.  It came together quicker than I'd thought.

I think I used about a cup of almonds and I have almost half a jar of almond butter.  It works out so much cheaper than buying a jar @ R80 at the health shops; and I've even seen it more expensive than that.

#almondheaven  :-)


7 comments:


  1. Ah that's awesome!
    Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so ingenious in the kitchen. Wish I had the patience and skill to do things like this. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy, Kim, give it a try some time :)

      Delete
  3. Well done! It looks perfect!! When you have finished with that batch why not try macadamia nut butter I have heard it is heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rox! Oooh macadamia nut butter is yum for sure, but it's so cheap at Dischem in comparison to almond butter that I just buy it, think it was R20 odd (definitely under R30) for the jar

      Delete
  4. Wow! R80 are a lot for almond butter. Yikes!
    I think you did a great job by making your own. Well done. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete