Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Reboot Day 10 and a weigh-in

Today is Day 10.  Every day it just gets easier and easier to do.  The negatives are I have not find my energy surge entirely yet, fall asleep exhausted every night before 9 p.m. and that I'm emotionally... well... a bit unstable at the moment, but much better than I was on Sunday and Monday.  That's honestly the only negatives at the moment, because I'm definitely not going to count my desire for All Gold tomato sauce - my home-made saucy helps a bit with that.

Positives:


  • Honestly I don't miss dairy, I honestly don't miss starches.  My mindset about food is changing.  I adapted to coconut milk in my coffee; I see Jamie eat yoghurt and it does not bother me that much.
  • Physically I feel better, less bloated, definitely stronger.
  • I'm having so much fun in the kitchen creating new things, things I've never tried before.  Today I'm making coconut milk.
  • My weekend cheating food binges that used to wreck my efforts are under control; and I bet it's even going to get easier.
  • My mind is definitely clearer and less cloudy, I really feel so much better mentally.
  • I discovered I'm a strong person, that I can accomplish more than I think I could.
  • My hubby is a rock star, and discovering the same things I am... well except for the kitchen fun.
BIG positive.  I have weighed in, and my weight is shifting again and I have dropped a mind-blowing 2.2 kg this past 10 days, and quite a couple of cm as well- around 11 cm all over.

That brings my total weight-loss to 17.1 kg and I am so close to my 20 kg mini-goal, I can smell it!

Oh and did I mention I am officially below my wedding-day weight!  Mentally it bothered me so much, when I was over my wedding weight I kept thinking Johnathan isn't married to all this weight, hehe and now he is losing some of me ;-)  But not my heart :-)

Speaking of Johnathan.  He also weighed in this morning and he has lost a BIG, FAT, WHOPPING 3.9 kg.  I am so proud of him.

Bring on the other 20 days, I am ready WOOOOOHOOOOO!




6 comments:

  1. Holy crap!!! Those are the most awesome results for both of you!! Well done, so proud of you. All your body needed to get going again was a change in approach :)

    Your overall weight loss is unbelievable, so inspiring! Keep it up and you'll be there in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rox! Yeah so glad that my body is obliging and giving me some losses again :-)

      Delete
  2. I am so happy that your mindset is different with regards to food. It helps a lot when the food that others eat around you, don't bother you anymore. Such a blessing, as you know now :)
    You have grown so much. Keep it up. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marleen! It's a blessing like you say, for sure! Will definitely keep it up - 20 days and beyond

      Delete
  3. Yay my friend, sooooo excited for you!
    I just KNEW Reboot was gonna do so much for you.
    Well done on reaching a third of the way so far, 3o days doesn't seem so daunting any more, hey!
    Keep doing what u doing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie Jess! Can't believe I'm a third of the way already, yay :-)

      Delete