Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blood Test Results

On Tuesday afternoon the nurse at the doctor's office phoned me telling me that my results are in and the doctor wants to see me - appointment schedule for late yesterday afternoon.  It was a hellish long 2-day wait and I was so nervous because with so many tests it could be anything ...

So yesterday I sat in front of the doctor with baited breath fearing the worst, but at the same time hoping he has some answers for me.  And answers he did have.  All my tests were fine with the exception of one and that is my insulin resistance test- apparently I'm borderline insulin resistant - not quite there yet, but close enough to make my weight-loss journey a challenging one.

After some research on the net I have learned that some of the symptoms are:


  • Weight gain, particularly around the middle.  Hell yes!
  • Difficulty concentrating (brain fog).  Another big yes
  • Lethargy.  Yup yup
  • Hunger.  Yes from time to time
  • High blood pressure.  Occasionally, but suffered with high blood pressure when I was pregnant.
When the doctor told me about it, a light bulb went on in my head and I immediately told him, well I've got a plan of action ready for it and I told him all about The Sleek Geek Reboot Challenge and I told him that I was toying with the Paleo idea as well.  He agreed and mentioned Tim Noakes and said that it's definitely the right approach to take for me right now.

So that's what I'm going to do as soon as I'm done with my 30 Day Shred challenge, right after my special Jozi trip to visit my superdee-duper friend and the Bon Jovi concert coming up.  Challenge set to commence 13 May for sure!

After the challenge the doctor told me to phone him and let him know my results and if the results wasn't good enough, he's going to put me on some sort of experimental drug.  I didn't ask him more about it, because at that stage my brain was already in overdrive planning.

So dearest blog readers... I can't be a Chocoholic no more!  No no no... I don't want to become diabetic and it's still in my power to reverse and that's exactly what I'm going to do.  

From now on I'm a Healthaholic!

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you have some answers! I am so looking forward to doing reboot with you and I am sure that it is going to give you the results that you have been looking for. This is it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got answers from your tests - and your plan of action sounds perfect.
    I am convinced - I am joining you and Rox on your Reboot come 13 May - I'm also loving being a Healthaholic! :-)))
    Hehe, love your new blog name. :-)
    It's almost time for your Jozi visit, wooooohooooooo!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie Jess! Yay for joining in on the Reboot challenge, yay! Whoop whoop roll on 11 May!

      Delete
  3. glad you got some answers!

    reboot / paleo is definitely the way to go.
    cant wait to see your results :)

    ReplyDelete