Friday, May 17, 2013

Reboot Day 5 Update

So today is my fifth day out of the 30-day Challenge and I'm stoked at the progress I already made... happy & relieved.  I imagined it so much harder, but it really, really is doable.

I must say I have not had a load of detox symptoms - only two light headaches which was easily cured, and an upset tummy for about 20 or 30 minutes, and last night I started with a bit of a sore throat.  So if I read all the posts on the Reboot Support Facebook page about detox symptoms, I'm really lucky.  My energy levels are so-so.  I had moments of extreme energy, and then I had moments like last night where I was just exhausted, so I'm hoping for some good all-day energy to kick in soon.

The food we've been eating has been really tasty thus far; and last night I even made Paleo burgers.  The type of bun is made out of almond and coconut flour, eggs and coconut oil, and although it was nice to have a bready thing, it was way too rich, and I only managed to eat almost half of it.  The patty though with the salad was divine!

On Wednesday I made something the Sleek Geeks calls Bliss Balls, it's little chocolaty thingies made out of dates, nut butter, raisins, cacao and coconut - OH MY GOSH, that did satisfy every craving I had, and luckily my fellow-Rebooter had half of the small batch over two days, so I didn't have too much of it to be guilty of overeating!

My hubby is also doing incredibly well on Reboot, I'm so very much impressed with him, because I thought I'm going to have a lot of whining from him about being hungry and craving certain foods etc, but luckily not. He is just upset about coffee as he doesn't like it bitter, and he doesn't like it with coconut or almond milk, so that's just a big struggle for him.  He had a business lunch on Wednesday, fresh on Reboot, and I really thought he was going to cheat, but he had dressing-free salad and two slices of bacon - I'm really, really impressed!  And he already looks leaner to me. He gives me a lot of compliments on my cooking, so I guess he likes the Reboot food :-)

I'm a bit scared of what's before me - the weekend.  This is going to be hard; and this is going to be new for me, but I'm going shopping tonight and I will make sure I stock up on Reboot-friendly and yummy foods for the weekend to see us through.  I will feel so much better once I've survived my first weekend.

Exercise.  I thought I'd give myself off for the first week of Reboot, just to get used to the eating-part first and I did enjoy my break on Monday and Tuesday, but on Wednesday I wanted to get into the swing of things, I missed moving!  So Wednesday I decided to do Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred again and I thought it was going to be easy, after just completing the whole 30 Days last week.  Oh boy, was I mistaking!  Yes it was somewhat easier, but it was still a tough workout.  Thursday I decided to do Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism dvd, which is very cardio intense, but combining it with strength as well, and I suffered through the first 30 minutes and couldn't go on.  Today I'm taking it easy and am just going to do a bit of dancing to keep on moving.

Looking forward to the rest of the challenge, and definitely looking forward to my weigh-in next Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent going Debs! (and to your hubby too)The best thing you can do is keep the food interesting and delicious and then you'll be just fine. I have actually included that burger you talk of into my next weeks plan, thanks for the heads up on the bread, I won't make too much of it!

    Don't worry about the weekend, you'll be just fine :)

    ReplyDelete