Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Accountability August - Day 6, 7, 8 & 9

I had a long weekend, so I have to do a bumper update for the 4 days.

First of all - my biggest news.  I did the 5km Diva Run yesterday!  It was a tough race for me with loads of hills.  Also I'm not used to running without music, and music usually helps me to push through and get out of my own head.  I am glad to say though, with some help from my dear friend who did it with me, I managed to complete the whole race without even walking a single step. I really think I earned this medal!


The rest of my long weekend I was relatively active - I did a nice 4km run along the beach on Sunday, I did a lot of steps, and I did most of the Sleek Geek challenge - but not all as the kids kept me quite busy.  I am happy with my fitness weekend though!  Couch potato no more

The thing of Accountability August was to... well... stay accountable, so I have to own up.  My eating was dismal this weekend.  I had way too much wine - just over a bottle this whole weekend, which isn't really bad considering social events etc, but in my world to achieve weightloss I really shouldn't.  I also had way too many snacks, way too many unhealthy meals and chocolate.  In retrospect I needed to let my hair down a bit, I am incredibly stressed with current situations in my life, so relaxing a bit did my soul good and in the end my goal is my own personal well-being - body, mind AND soul.  So I'm okay with it. I'm not going to weigh on Friday though, but what I am going to do is damage control and I will clean up my eating as of TODAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment