Monday, August 29, 2016

Accountability August - Days 26, 27 & 28

This is what my weekend was filled with:

Special family moments, celebrating hubby's 38th birthday, meeting my brand new nephew/godchild and spending time with my loved ones.  It was a YOLO weekend.  Pre planned, so didn't have time for exercising, didn't track what I ate, and definitely didn't think twice about drinking a glass of wine, eating a slice of birthday cake or even indulging in my mom's lemon meringue tart - she never accepts a no anyway!

In the grand scheme of things, an odd weekend/dinner/special occasion here and there, when I'm not exactly on track, it does not matter.  Simply because I know that I am always at the very least 80 to 90% on track.  Yes, it means my journey is much slower, but hey this is life afterall, I'm human and I am okay with it.  I rather have a slow journey to goal weight and enjoy my life, than having to fast track and not enjoying special occasions.

Now I'm on my 3rd last day of this August challenge, but it taught me a lot in terms of staying accountable, going off track momentarily, but getting right back on track afterwards.  I'm proud of my August, I do not regret anything (except for the few days it rained and I couldn't get a run in!).  Now I'm going to finish the month strong!  Then it's on to bigger, better things for Spring, because Summer is around the corner and I need to tone those flabby bits.




No comments:

Post a Comment